Monday, December 26, 2011

2012: A Golden Year

"Bah! Humbug!"


I'm in a Dickens phase. It's just coincidental timing with the Holidays that I happen to plunge into Dickens now. I haven't tried any Charles Dickens since he was required reading in High School. I treated myself to a special purchase of books for my birthday, five books by Dickens. The first two I am reading simultaneously, "Pickwick Papers" and "Christmas Books".  And I'm really loving them.

I've been hard at work architecting since the first week of December and haven't had a chance to work on any more collages since then, but I will get back to it sometime in January. My New Year's Resolution is to start using gold foiling in my artwork. So many of my books here at home have gold foiling in one form or another and because of my reading habits all of this shimmering gold is constantly in my face, and I love it. It's so warm, for lack of a more poetic word. Fake gold doesn't cut it. Only the real stuff has the magic. I think it would really add a striking touch to my art. And I figure it's a very realistic resolution to have. And a sensible one. And an enjoyable one.

After all, there's no such perfect a kiss as a kiss wrapped in gold.

No comments: