Monday, November 21, 2011

I Love You Ms. Mosshart

I've started working on a new collage. The last several collages I made over the past couple of weeks have all been the same size, 8"x10". So I decided to step it up with this next one, 11"x14". Mostly because I want to go a different direction with this one. I want to steer away from all the strange sci-fi dreamscapes and do something a bit more... head-on.  A self-portrait, in a sense. But not literally.

Today I'm obsessing with the voice of the beautiful bombshell Alison Mosshart, lead singer of two great bands, The Dead Weather and The Kills.  I'm letting that seductive voice of hers guide me along the colorful stripped-away pieces of this next collage. For her sake I hope it doesn't turn out to be a flop. If it does, I may not be able to listen to her voice ever again.

No comments: