Sunday, August 1, 2010

First Tri Over and Done


Got out of bed this morning at 3:30am to get ready for my first triathlon, the NY Road Runners 2010 Sprint Triathlon at Flushing Meadows Corona Park.

We left home around 4:20am and got to the park around 5:45am, got everything all set up in the transition area, got suited up, numbered, and ready to race.



I probably jumped into the pool around 7:20ish, and an hour and twenty minutes later I crossed the finish line. It was a 400m swim, 13 mile bike ride, and 5K run.












My swim was good, the ride was ok, and the run was super slow. But, all in all it took me about as long as I estimated. Out of the grand total of 434 triathletes I placed 68th, and in my age group (30-34) I placed 10th out of 51 triathletes. All in all, not bad for my first race. A lot could have been better, a lot could have been worse, but most importantly I finished, and I finished running.

I've spent the remainder of today horizontal and resting in front of the TV, overcome with fatigue, aches and pains. But the weirdest part is I actually want to do it all again.

No comments: