Thursday, February 11, 2010

Alexander The Great


I don't quite know how to do a blogospheric 'moment of silence', but.. well, I just want to somehow insert a moment of silence here for Alexander McQueen, who just committed suicide.

I personally think he was one of the greatest fashion designers who ever existed. I've never been a big fashion person. And if my boyfriend himself wasn't a fashion designer, I definitely wouldn't pay it as much attention as I do today.

But in all honesty, it was Alexander McQueen, and Alexander McQueen alone, who made me think that Fashion was worth any of my attention. He had a brilliant, genius way of completely redefining the human being in an insane, artistic, creative, organic, cosmic, animalistic, ethereal, gutsy way. There's really no way to say it, other than... When you saw his creations, no matter who you are, no matter what industry you are in, no matter where your interests lie, if you saw an Alexander McQueen creation, you immediately stopped whatever you were doing, physically and mentally, and just..... stared at it. And thought, "Wow. This is a human being. I had no idea.." His creations were timeless, iconic. There was something God-like and anciently monumental about what he made. You see a McQueen creation, and you want to get down on your hands and knees and.. I don't know what- pray, perhaps? Sing? Scream? Cry? Rejoice? Gasp? All of the above?













Well, he's gone, and he's never coming back.
Fashion Industry, be still. Be silent. You're all alone now.

No comments: